Sunday 6 October 2013

Anne hathaway vegan

Anne hathaway vegan
Anne hathaway vegan, When Anne Hathaway learned that she would be the next actress to slip into into a skintight catsuit for “The Dark Knight Rises,” it threw her for a loop.

It dominated my year,” she told Allure magazine. “The suit, thoughts of my suit, changing my life so I would fit into that suit…. I didn’t understand how you could be thin and strong. I went into the gym for 10 months and didn’t come out.”

With the help of personal nutrition coach Jackie Keller, Hathaway abandoned her vegetarian diet in favor of a vegan one. Well, I should say "almost-vegan" because of the desserts the 29-year-old devoured to keep herself sane. From Shape:

"Some of the actress' favorite meals while preparing for the film include miso soup, a tempeh club avocado sandwich on gluten-free bread, Tuscan brown rice salad, vegetarian chicken fried steak made with seitan, egg white frittatas, and vegetarian egg rolls.

It all sounds super healthy but Keller admits Hathaway is a chocolate person and loved her gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, fudge brownies, and marble cake. While working on 'Dark Knight Rises,' Keller made sure the actress had a dessert every day so she wouldn’t have any cravings. Other chocolate fixes Hathaway enjoyed include chocolate power smoothies made with almond milk, and Keller’s Mighty Bars, which she shipped overseas during filming."

Hathaway says her body became so dependent on healthy eating that when she relaxed the rules a bit, she felt the consequences.

“After I finished the rooftop fight [scene], I ate four slices of pizza and split a bottle of red wine with my guy. I hadn’t eaten like that in months. I felt so ill. By the time the movie finished, I decided to give veganism a try. You can’t go hog-wild as a vegan. You can eat a lot of pasta and have a few vegan pastries.”

Hathaway is the latest celeb to embrace veganism, with Meredith Vieira, Bill Clinton, Russell Brand, Carrie Underwood, Jason Mraz, Ozzy Osbourne, Ellen DeGeneres, and even Mike Tyson all sold on the diet.

Want to learn more about making the switch to a plant-based eating regimen? Read this article, which breaks down the vitamins, minerals and nutrients needed for a healthy diet. Plus, this infographic breaks down the environmental cost of a vegan diet vs. a meat-based diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment