Saturday 19 October 2013

Janina Gavankar Didn’t Know She Was Playing Qetsiyah On ‘The Vampire Diaries’

anina Gavankar Didn’t Know
Janina Gavankar Didn’t Know She Was Playing Qetsiyah On ‘The Vampire Diaries, When Janina Gavankar landed role on The Vampire Diaries she thought that she was playing a some ‘snarky girl’ named Tessa. Little did she know that she would soon be stepping into the shoes of the show’s most powerful witch Qetsiyah.

Gavankar told TV Guide that she had no idea that she would be playing the 2000-year-old witch when she joined the show.

The actress said: “I didn’t know I was playing Qetsiyah! I thought the character was some snarky girl named Tessa,”

Gavankar said that she was in Washington D.C. with her sister, who was about to have a baby, when she got the call about The Vampire Diaries. Gavankar had to make a quick decision and was soon on her way to Atlanta to film her part. It wasn’t until she got her script that she realized that she had landed a major role on the show.

Gavankar said: I knew nothing… I got a call that The Vampire Diaries wanted me to do an arc, but if I wanted to do it I had to leave tomorrow. So I got on a plane and flew to Atlanta. As usual I said, ‘Fantastic. Let me read the material.’ They send me sides, which give me no information, but when I got a script it ends up being 18 pages of monologue. I was ushered to my dressing room with a bunch of DVDs in hand and stared at the wall for a second like, ‘What have I gotten myself into?’ ”

Qetsiyah made her entrance to Mystic Falls last night and the witch is ready to bring chaos to The Vampire Diaries.

Janina Gavankar didn’t give too many hints about her story arc but she did say that it would be a bloody ride.

The actress said: “I do think that they’re going to find her to be a bit extreme and scary and ruthless. So, people will either love her or despise her… It’s a bloody arc. My hands were stained for days.”

No comments:

Post a Comment