Sunday 6 October 2013

Anne hathaway vegan

Anne hathaway vegan
Anne hathaway vegan, Poor Anne Hathaway. Have we forgiven her yet? I’m dying to forgive her! But that’s just me – I’m a Hathaway Apologist. Yes, I find her annoying and full of it, but I think she’s talented and I enjoy her. Sometimes I enjoy yelling at her. Anyway, today we’re going to hear about some of Annie’s latest Oscar campaign moves. She’s stopped talking about her poor, maligned vadge (sort of) and she’s moved on to other things… things that will hopefully win her that Oscar! First off, you know these hideous, terrible, atrocious Tom Ford “boots” that she wore during her beav-flash? They were completely animal-free. Annie is all vegan, all cruelty free now:

Anne Hathaway wowed onlookers when she stepped out on the red carpet of the Les Misérables premiere in her strappy leather bondage boots. But if you wanted to recreate her look at home, you can think again because not only did Anne’s killer boots come with a four figure price tag, but they were custom-made with faux leather to keep in line with her Vegan roots.

Hathaway showed her commitment to cruelty-free ethics when she stepped out in head-to-toe spring 2013 Tom Ford, along with the custom-made vegan version of his gladiator dominatrix boots. And it wasn’t just her red carpet footwear that she demanded adhered to her morals.

According to Footwear News, all of her character Fantine’s shoes had to be custom-made to be vegan for the actress.

‘[Hathaway]‘s vegan, so we couldn’t use any animal materials on the shoes for her character Fantine,’ costume designer Paco Delgado told the magazine. ‘We had to find very specific shoemakers to create lace-up boots and ankle boots.’

Hathaway first became a hard-core vegan after her role The Dark Knight Rises.

Speaking to USA Today at the time, she said: ‘After I finished the rooftop fight, I ate four slices of pizza and split a bottle of red wine with my guy. I hadn’t eaten like that in months. I felt so ill. By the time the movie finished, I decided to give veganism a try. You can’t go hog-wild as a vegan.’

Basically, she’s talking about her diet and her weight loss again, and she’s wrapping it up with her cruelty-free lifestyle. I’m not really sure if this part of her Oscar campaign, but it probably wouldn’t hurt, I guess. It actually reminds me of Natalie Portman’s Black Swan Oscar campaign – Portman kept talking about her veganism (and how she gave it up partially while pregnant) around that time too.

But, I know for sure that this next story is about Annie’s Oscar campaign. Anne just admitted to Ellen DeGeneres that she had a “secret” broken arm earlier this year:

“I broke my arm and kept it a secret… I broke it when I finished Les Miserables, just before Batman press came out. I fell off my bicycle and that’s how I broke it and when my husband (Adam Shulman) went to pick up my pain meds (medication), the pharmacist was like, ‘Catwoman can’t ride a bike?’ So I was like, ‘Oh my God, I can’t let anyone know about this.’ I managed to keep it a secret. Until now.”

Hathaway even had to undergo surgery, but she outfoxed reporters on her press tour by taking off her splint before interviews, revealing, “I had to have surgery, so I didn’t have to have a cast, I just had a removable splint.”

However, the beauty is no stranger to broken bones – the accident-prone star has previously fractured her pinky, coccyx, and left arm – twice.

I really don’t understand why it was a big deal to let people know she had broken her arm? WTF? It wasn’t like there was an insurance issue – she clearly states that it was AFTER she finished filming Les Mis. There’s no insurance issue. She wasn’t working. So why would she need to “hide” her injury, unless it was simply to let people know NOW that she aches and breaks bones for her ART? Incidentally, do you think it’s a coincidence that she broke something shortly after going vegan and starving herself for Les Mis? She’s going to end up like Gwyneth Paltrow – vitamin deficient and with early-onset osteoporosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment