Wednesday 23 October 2013

One-armed basketball star Zach Hodskins headed to Florida to play for Billy Donovan

One-armed basketball star
One-armed basketball star Zach Hodskins headed to Florida to play for Billy Donovan, Zach Hodskins is an inspiration and incredible basketball talent. He commits to the University of Florida and hopes to earn playing time for Billy Donovan's Gators.

Zach Hodskins, the Georgia high school baseketball star born without the lower half of his left arm, has verbally committed to the University of Florida, ESPN reports.

Hodskins, a 6-4, 200-pound guard who tore up the AAU circuit this summer, will be a preferred walk on for the Gators, not a scholarship player.

"It's always been my dream growing up," Hodskins told ESPN. "I never expected it to be like this, but the hard work has paid off. I'm ecstatic I'm going to be a Florida Gator."

Hodskins' story of overcoming adversity has inspired the likes of Clippers guard JJ Redick and even singer Beyonce. But the talented playmaker is looking to be more than just a feel-good story, he says.

"I'm coming on as a preferred walk-on, but I'll be treated like every other player," Hodskins said to ESPN. "If I work hard, Coach Donovan told me I'll have a chance to play."



No comments:

Post a Comment