Saturday 12 October 2013

Jennifer Hudson sober

Jennifer Hudson sober
Jennifer Hudson sober, Jennifer Hudson is quite unlike the character she plays in her latest movie, The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete. The Oscar-winning actress revealed how she researched the role during a Thursday, Oct. 10, appearance on E!'s Chelsea Lately.

"I love this new movie," host Chelsea Handler said. "It's great because you play a heroin addict, which is the only drug I've never tried. You've never done heroin?"

"I've never done anything, so that was hard to play this role. I've never had a drink in my life. I'm sober," Hudson revealed. "I'm like, ‘Okay, this is new to me.' Normally as an actor, you have things to pull from. I was like, ‘I don't know what it's like to feel any of that."

Handler was shocked by Hudson's revelation. "What do you mean you've never had a drink?" the vodka lover asked incredulously. "What are you waiting for?"

"I don't know," the singer said. "I've never been interested. Nobody ever believes it…When I got this role, I was like, ‘Oh my god, what am I gonna do? What am I gonna pull from to play the role?"

Hudson prepped for the movie by visiting ex-addicts at a rehabilitation center. "The stories that I heard [were] like unbelievable," she said. "Like wow."

The engaged star was able to relate to their struggle on some level, however. During pre-production, she said, "They took me through each and every step of what its like of how you get addicted to drugs and what it feels like when you are high. She told me it was like an orgasm. I was like, ‘I could do that part!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment